Sunday 30 August 2015

Pyrography, Designs by Ryn and Silks Acrylics!

Hello bloggers!

I'm so lucky to be on the design team of Designs by Ryn, and I'm always trying to think of new ways to use the stamps to show people how beautiful and versatile they are. To be honest I don't think anyone needs to be convinced about how beautiful Ryn's designs are, they speak for themselves!, but part of being on a design team is coming up with new ideas. When I was introduced to Pyrography I realised this may be a new way to use all my stamps!

First of all I stamped the designs onto a circular plaque and then burnt the designs into the wood with the Pyrography tool...

Then I painted with Silks Acrylics paint from Colourarte, they have a beautiful shimmer that is perfect for hummingbirds!

Part of me wishes I had kept the background as plain wood rather than the light blue, but you don't know what things will look like until you try!

Really love this vibrant pink!...

The stamps I used were Booted-Racket tail Hummingbird, Sideways Hibiscus, Hibiscus Leaf Set and Spiral Branch Set. All available from www.designsbyryn.com

Thank you for popping by! Xxx

 

10 comments:

Dianne Vanstone said...

It looks amazing Wendy, blooming marvellous! I love it. Such a good use of the stamps. Keep at it xxxxxxx

Theresa said...

multi talented lady! i loved it when it was totally plain. not saying that it doesn't look good in colour...... just preferences, hugs xx

Laine said...

Such a fabulous project Wendy. Always a delight to visit.
Laine
xx

Miranda said...

Great idea Wendy and with a lovely result! xxMiranda

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Another beautiful design using the wood burning technique. Take care, Shirleyxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Anther stunning result Wendy...such a great technique you're showing us ánd so unique!
Greetings, Alie :)

Karin said...

Wow this looks great, nice technique!
Groetjes Karin x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous little plaque. X

Lisapmac said...

Absolutely gorgeous xx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Thanks so much for what you wrote Wendy! I am SO thankful to have you on my DT :) I'm really enjoying seeing your new experiments! Your projects look really amazing and like you've been doing pyrography for a while! Thanks so much for the photos showing the project at different steps. Many thanks!