Monday 24 August 2015

New Hummingbirds from Designs by Ryn!

Hello bloggers!

Last week I received an amazing parcel full of beautiful Hummingbird stamps from Ryn in Canada, they are her latest release and are available (along with the other stamps) now HERE!

Here's my DT post with one of these beauties! I've made a Distress Ink background and stamped over the top with Leafy Branch. The pretty flower is called African Daisy and the leaves behind the daisy are from the Hibiscus set. The Red-tailed Comet Hummingbird is from the unmounted sheet 'Hummingbirds 2'. The flower and bird are coloured with Tombow pens and water.

I added Liquid Pearls to the background and Stickles glitter to the bird (so annoying that I can never capture the pretty sparkle in photos!!). I hope you like both the stamps and the card, thank you for visiting! Xxx

 

7 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Wendy! I love these little hummingbirds from Ryn, and you've created a wonderful background for this one. I like how the African daisy colour is picked up in the bird. It's great that they arrived so fast to the UK (& Netherlands) as well. Take good care, Hugs, Shirleyxx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

An amazing card with the new hummingbird,dear Wendy.

I'm also so looking forward to the new hummingbirds but
what a pity I'm the only one who have not received them :-( probably they are fixed ad the customs,
xox Anja

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great flight of this new hummingbird from Ryn, Wendy...
great colours too!!!
All the best, Alie :-)

Lisapmac said...

Stunning, love your use of colour xx

Ryn Tanaka said...

Absolutely stunning colouring on the Hummingbird Wendy! So glad that you're having fun with the new designs :) I'm looking forward to pairing them with flowers too. I like the little pearl dots that you added to leafy branch too. Nice touch!

Miranda said...

A beautiful design with such bright contrast! The new designs are a joy to work with, aren't they? Beautiful coloring Wendy, xxMiranda

Zoe said...

Stunning, gorgeous colours xx Zoe xx