Tuesday 19 March 2013

A little reward....

Hello lovely peeps!

I finished my assignment this afternoon - phew! so I decided to treat myself to a crafty hour... I was inspired by my team mate Shirley's beautiful card made with Ryn's sea dragon, and decided it was time I did another watercolour/fishy card...
I used Tombow pens on watercolour paper to make the turquoise background, then I 'blew' green ink across the paper to make the seaweed - great fun!!  I dusted Ryn's butterfly fish with perfect pearls to make it shine and stamped leafy branch around the edge.


I've been playing with my beautiful Lavinia stamps too, but I can't show you that as it's for the challenge blog another time!! ;)

Thanks for popping by, hope you'll leave me a 'hello' message! xxx


9 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Wendy! Love the colours and the effect of blowing the ink to create seaweed. Great you finished an assignment & treated yourself! Cheers, Shirleyxx

Pauline Butcher said...

Love love love it Wendy, it's so colourful and cheerful, I shall have to give the blowing ink technique a go, it make's fab seaweed. Hugs P xxx

Karen said...

Love it Wendy - never thought about blowing ink! Love the colours of the fish. Kx

Karin said...

Beautiful card, the blown ink makes great seaweed and the colors are gorgeous!!

Eileen said...

Super work here Wendy ... go girl go!!

Unknown said...

Love it Wendy. Beautiful colours and another technique to learn!!! xx

Wendy said...

Wow, thank you for the great comments ladies!! You are all very kind :) xxx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, love the colours a very handsome fish indeed! Chris x

Zoe said...

We! Another fabulous creation xxx